If I don’t get off the plane I’m going to sp*** out’: Claustrophobic Delta passenger, 31, who ‘popped’ plane door and slid down escape shoot at LaGuardia with friend and service dog ‘had PTSD episode sparked by prison stint’
- Antonio Murdock, 31, was arraigned in Queens County court Tuesday
- He was charged with criminal mischief in the second degree, reckless endangerment in the second degree and criminal trespass in the third degree
- His companion Brianna Greco, 23, was charged with criminal trespass
- They were pictured leaving court arm in arm after his arraignment hours after he was led in handcuffed by Port Authority police officers
- Murdock and Greco, both from Florida, were arrested after he opened a cabin door and activated the slide on Delta Flight 462 to Atlanta Monday morning
- The incident took place on tarmac at La Guardia Airport in New York
- Murdock ignored the flight attendant’s instruction to stay seated and said he suffered from PTSD, a witness said
- Murdock allegedly forced open a cabin door and activated the emergency slide
- The couple and their service dog Rain went down the slide and escaped
- Murdock told cops his PTSD stems from a jail stint on robbery charges and was triggered by the confined space in the airplane cabin, a source said
A Delta passenger, 31, and his friend, 23, who were arrested for opening a cabin door and escaping down the slide with their service dog after he was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder were pictured leaving a New York court arm in arm after his arraignment.
The duo were arrested after Murdock opened a cabin door and activated the slide on Delta Flight 462 traveling from La Guardia Airport in New York to Atlanta Monday morning.
They changed seats several times before the flight began taxiing out to a runway and Murdock stood up and said he had PTSD, another passenger said.
He ignored the flight attendant’s instruction to stay seated and the plane came to a grinding halt when he forced open the door and the pair went down the emergency slide with their service dog Rain.
A source told NY Daily News Murdock told cops his PTSD stems from a jail stint on robbery charges and was triggered by the confined space in the airplane cabin
Antonio Murdock, 31, was pictured arriving for his arraignment Tuesday morning. Brianna Greco, 23, headed into court hours later
They were pictured leaving court arm in arm after his arraignment Tuesday afternoon with Greco trying to hide her face Passenger ‘with PTSD’ who pulled emergency door leaves custody
Murdock was led into court in handcuffs by Port Authority cops Tuesday morning ahead of his arraignment. Greco then headed into court hours later.
The pair both sported matching hooded sweatshirts reading ‘Palm Beach, Florida’ for their first court appearances.
On Monday, the couple boarded Delta Flight 462 at LaGuardia which was headed for Atlanta, Georgia.
Flight attendant Kasey Williamson said she saw Murdock and Greco walk through the plane and heard Murdock threaten to ‘pop the door’, according to court documents.
‘I need to get off the plane, I don’t want to sit here,’ Murdock said, per the documents.
‘I’m gonna pop the door, if I don’t get off the plane I’m going to sp**z out.’
At this point, Murdock allegedly pushed past the attendant and she saw him open the emergency exit door.